Welcome to the Admissions guidance and application process for
St. Luke's Primary CEVA School.
St Luke's Primary School is a Church of England Voluntary Aided school. This means that the admissions procedure differs slightly to other state schools. Apart from Nursery (apply direct to the school) you will need to apply first through the London Borough of Newham and then direct to the school. Follow the step-by-step guide and links below. If you have any questions about the procedure, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Please Note: although a Church of England (Christian) faith school,
St Luke's accept applications from all faiths
The school manages the admissions procedure for the Nursery and allocates places according to our admissions criteria. Parents have to complete a school application form for admission to the Nursery, with this you will have to provide the following;
- your child’s birth certificate or passport
- proof of your own address and proof of your child’s address (eg, a child benefit letter or NHS letter).
If the Nursery is full, parents may place their child on the Nursery waiting list by visiting the main school office and filling out a form.
When a space is available you will be contacted by telephone and a home visit will be arranged prior to your child starting Nursery. The Nursery waiting list is arranged by the school.
(The school is currently working towards offering 30 hour provision and for those who are not eligible for this there will be the opportunity to put your 15 hours of sessions together and buy top up sessions and a hot lunch so their child can attend between 9am and 3pm.)
Please note: children who are allocated places in our Nursery are not guaranteed a place in our Reception class due to the admission process (see 'Starting Primary School' below).
To apply for a place in St Luke's Reception class, or a Reception class in any other Newham school, you first need to go to the following LB Newham (London Borough of Newham) webpage, 'Starting Primary School' click here
Once you have read all the necessary information, you will need to register for an account and password through 'eAdmissions' click here
Once you have registered and created your password - and wish to apply to St Luke's - it is essential you read the following admission arrangements;
- St. Luke's School Determined Admission Arrangements & Over Subscription Criteria for entry from September 2018
Supplementary Information Form for Admission to St Luke's (this needs to be filled out and handed in to the school office after you register at the LB Newham Admissions site above)
- LB Newham Primary School Admissions web pages
- Pan London eAdmissions portal
- Pan London Schemes (to be updated 2019-20)
Appying during the Academic Year 2018-19 (Current Reception to Year 6)
If your child is already at a Newham school or you have recently moved to Newham and you wish to apply for a place at St Luke's, you must complete Newham's ‘In Year’ Common Application form (click here) then St. Luke's Supplementary School Admissions form (click here)
- St. Luke's School Determined Admission Arrangements & Over Subscription Criteria for entry from September 2018-19
- Supplementary Information Form for Admission to St Luke's
- LB Newham Primary School 'In Year' (CAF) Admissions webpage (also known as 'mid phase')
Starting Secondary School - 2018/19
- Determined Admission Arrangements for entry in 2019 click here
- LB Newham primary to secondary transition web pages 2018 click here
- Link to Pan London eAdmissions portal click here
- Pan London Schemes for 2017-18 click here
- Starting Secondary School Prospectus Autumn 2018 click here
Useful links for all schools admissions
- Gov.UK click here
- LB Newham School Fact Finder click here
- Ace Education – Independent Advice for Parents and Carers click here
Ofsted number: 102766
Our post code: E16 1JB