Below are sayings from both Christianity and Islam. They explore how each religion views humans relationship with God's creation.
In class we discussed each statement, tried to relate it to our own life, and talked about whether or not we agree or disagree with each one.
Your task - pick your favourite saying, and turn it into an inspiring poster that can be displayed around the classroom, and maybe even the school!
Get creative :)
- All creatures, trees and plants, rivers, and seas, they all are organs of God's body.
- You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal.
- The health of the whole is inseparably linked to the health of the parts, and the health of the parts is inseparably linked to the health of the whole.
- The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
- It is foolish to kill animals by cruelty and call it sanctified food.
- We should not forget that God’s Messenger (PBUH) said that God does not love those who cause hurt and pain to the world.
- We are to rule over nature not as though we are entitled to exploit it, but as something borrowed or held in trust.
- An unwillingness to cause animals suffering, based on what we know about animal psychology and a respect and affection for animals.
We are awesome bloggers!
Below are the links to our 4 blogs, which need your urgent attention and thoughtful advice.
Copy and paste the each link, read the moral dilemma, and think of what advice you would give.
Don't forget to sign in to your own Blogger account, using your Google Drive account.